Well, I have hit the midpoint of my vacation. From here on out, it’s the downward slide back to work, so to speak. I am actually very proud that I haven’t squandered my time and I am managing to get out of the house with Jude and do things. Surprisingly, Joe and I have had very busy weekends and the next few are packed with activities, as well.
Here’s just a recap of some random things that have happened in our life, that probably don’t warrant a whole blog post individually, but are on my mind.
- Why is it that I finally get my car paid off and I find myself needing significant repairs? I got a recall notice and went to the dealership to find that the recall wasn’t what was causing my checking engine light to come on. But, for $800, they could fix what was the problem.
- Jude and I went to take a Toddler Yoga class at the Y, and no one showed up…not even the instructor.
- Construction is in full swing in the neighborhood. So, that increases the chance that one of us is going to drive over a 3 inch nail by 100%! Plus, the house they are building next door is so close, when they put up the fence, I am not sure we will be able to walk to our own backyard because of our air conditioner. I could draw you a schematic. It’s very annoying how stupid the people were who planned this neighborhood with everyone practically on top of one another.
- Despite driving an hour to the dealership for bad news, the didn’t charge me for the diagnostics and I got a car wash and my upholstery vacuumed.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I listened to the audio book recently and it was amazing. I think it’s one of my top 10 books now. It was funny, romantic, and sad.
- Have you seen Inception? I have! I feel so excited that I actually saw a movie when it came out. I feel like I am actually participating in pop culture instead of parent culture (which is finding out about entertainment when it’s on dvd or tv). Oh, P.S.: it was awesome!
- Had a delicious lunch at Thai Spice today with Mom, Joe, and Jude. Just sayin’…that’s all.