Jude is nine months old today. Can you believe it? My sweet little baby is three quarters of the way towards his first birthday. Today, before I read Jude his books and put him to bed, I told him the story of his birth and how it was so amazing to see him for the first time. I am constantly being amazed, as a mom. He is learning new things every day and Joe and I get to re-experience many of life’s “firsts” through Jude’s eyes.
So, here are the major chart toppers of the last month:
- Jude loves to dance. He will bounce up and down to the music on commercials, video games, and random clapping.
- He is a great parrot and will copy us, when prompted, to say “dada,” “mama,” and “baa baa.”
- When we read him animal books, we point out that a sheep says “baa.” Jude will say it back to us. ALthough, the other night he got shy at Joe’s aunt’s house and he only whispered it.
- He’s had two nights in a row that he has slept the whole night through. 8:00 pm to 6:00 am. He is doing such a great job sleeping in his bed. He puts himself to sleep every night.
- He’s learning to open the cabinets.
- Jude is starting to thin out and look more like a toddler than a roly poly. He’s only in the 5th percentile for everything (height, weight, head circumference) but the doctor said at least he is proportionate and it’s not uncommon, since Joe and I were skinny children. (It has been established that Joe was not a skinny baby…we’ve seen the pictures).
- He’s starting to balance unassisted for a few seconds. He’s testing out the waters and we think he may walk before his first birthday.
- He will motion with his arms that he wants to be picked up if you prompt him.
- He likes sweet potato fries!