I LOVE going out to eat. It’s one of the few luxuries that I still have and the hardest for me to give up. It’s been at least a year since I have purchased clothes with my own money vs. a gift card or birthday money (Thanks, Mom!)…and I love clothes…and shoes…but I digress. I’ve cut out so much extra spending from our budget, I rarely indulge in these fun things. But I can’t quite shake the eating out on the weekend habit. We’ve compromised and don’t eat out during the week anymore, so I feel like we are at least trying.
So, here is my top 10 list of places that I want to eat in Austin. Most of these aren’t places we can just drop in on a Saturday after running errands. But, if Joe ever needs any birthday ideas for me -wink, wink- he’ll know where to find it.
- Uchi (we went for our anniversary this year and it was great!)
- Fogo de Chao: meat they carve for you. Sounds like Brazilian fun!
- Trattoria Lisina: the restaurant at the Mandola Estate Winery in Driftwood. I love Uncle Damien. I feel like I know him when I used to watch him on the cooking show on PBS, back when we didn’t have cable.
- The Roaring Fork: located in the Stephen F. Austin Intercontinental Hotel. It’s supposed to be delicious.
- Fonda San Miguel: They say it’s where it’s at for Mexican food in Austin.
- Treehouse Italian Grill: I’ve seen it so many times and have always wanted to go. Just never have…yet.
- Zocalo Cafe: I really like Galaxy and this is their other restaurant. (2/14/09)
- The Clay Pot: no to be confused with the Clay Pit (which I love!). This is like the Asian version of the Melting Pot and I have always wanted to try it.
- Starlite: Another one of those places that I am always hearing about and I want to try.
- Malaga: Tapas. That’s Spanish for small food = fun.