Joe and I went to IKEA a few weeks ago to pick up some things for the house or just to get some inspiration. It was fun because it’s pretty cost effective and you get to leave with a lot for little. We got a couple of different things, but a lot of them have just been sitting here, since things have be going sluggish due to returning to work.
So here are are some of the things we got, what we plan to do with them, and if we have actually done it.
- PICTURED – Energy efficient light bulbs and two bathroom shelves (one has been put together, none have been put up, and one has to go back)
- PICTURED – Wall shelves and frames (shelves and frames are up, only one frame has a picture, and I have rearranged everything since taking this picture)
- PICTURED – Casserole dish and small square plates. The plates are for desserts and small things. We always tend to dirty the big dishes for nothing. I’ve used the casserole to make a pot pie, have yet to use the dishes.
- PICTURED – Duvet set for the guest bedroom. Finally put it on the bed. It was washed and sitting on the floor for at least a week.
- PICTURED – A rug for the new office that is supposed to go under the desk so that we don’t scratch the wood floors with the desk chair. It is officially under the desk, but still in the old office. We have yet to move anything up front.
- New dog bed for Liam. It was a basket that was only $5. We put his blankets and his pillow in it. He has only used it once or twice.
- Cinnamon roll and hot dog ($1.50 total) that we consumed at the beginning of the trip so that we would have the energy to walk through that store!